The Marketing MindsetPosted: August 26, 2010
Marketing” is an umbrella term that involves everything you do to attract clients and help them solve their problems. It includes:
- How you explain what you do.
- How you price what you sell.
- How you present yourself and your business.
- How you advertise your business.
- How you package your products and services.
- How you give sales presentations.
- How you follow up with sales leads.
- How you communicate with prospects, customers and clients.
- How you provide customer support.
- How you ask for referrals.
As you can see, marketing is not just a set of tools to communicate with prospects and clients. Marketing is a mindset. It is more than the casual philosophy of “just do it” – just send out those postcards or catalogs or newsletters and wait for the phone to start ringing. It’s about everything you do or say to customers and prospects through any type of medium – phone, email, brochure, website, etc.
Marketing’s job is to find you good prospects who need your products and services, will willingly pay for them and will do so in a cost-effective manner so that you make more money than you spend.