The Truth About DeterminationPosted: July 11, 2011
Self-Determination is defined as fixed direction or tendency toward some object or end by oneself or itself, without outside influence.
Many of my family members and even some of our friends did not understand why I was so excited about Network Marketing when I got involved almost 10 years ago. I was going to a great college, I had a great guaranteed job that was paying me well for my age, and it seemed that my future was already lined up for me. But regardless of their impression of Network Marketing and my decisions, I was determined to stick with it! Not only was I determined, I was self-determined to not only continue to build my Network Marketing business, but to become highly successful! So should you. You should have self-determination!
If you make up your mind that you’re going to do something, do it! Regardless of what anybody else says, create your plan and work it until it is completed. If you want to become successful, you know what, stay on track with this business and you will be. But if you listen to unsuccessful people that tell you, you can’t become successful, the real reason they say that is because they don’t know what success really is. If you have self-determination and stick to it you will win and you will WIN BIG! Self-determination is the KEY!!!
You can be your own prophet and predict what you want your life and future to be. It is a duty you owe yourself. Giving flimsy excuses about your under-achievement will not bring you comfort. There is one vital step you must take.
It is the ultimate step to your good life. It is a responsibility you owe yourself, your family, your community and your country. You need to develop the hidden potential in you and unleash your creative mind so the world can celebrate YOU one day.
What do you want for your life?
I believe you want to feel important and be treated that way as well. You certainly want to be an influential personality whose positive influence will transform the lives of others.
Here is the hallmark of self-determination. Most highly successful and effective people have used it as the insider magic key to success.
You’ve got to set the terms so that life can pay you what you want and are worth.
Below are 15 steps towards the self-determination you need!
1. Exercise great control over your mind and develop a positive mental attitude.
2. Never allow your past to haunt you. Reject any influence which encourage a negative mental attitude.
3. What do you want most in life? Define it. Go after it. Also help others to acquire similar benefits.
4. Get someone who you consider to be one of the finest people in the whole world in your own opinion and pattern your life after him/her in every possible way.
5. Outline the resources you need. Go ahead to acquire it. Think big but never be greedy.
6. Understand with great certainty that what makes you fail is not your situation or circumstance but your attitude and how you think about it.
7. No one can make you angry or hurt without your cooperation. Give no chance to anyone who attempts to exert destructive influence on you.
8. Concentrate your effort on the vital-few things that gives you more results and pay little attention to the trivial-many that add little results to your life.
9. Be grateful to God daily for what you have while setting your mind constantly on your desires.
10. Keeping up with the Joneses is dangerous. Steer clear of such bad habits.
11. Understand that power does not derive from material possessions. A man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possession. You can be rich in material possessions and still remain unhappy and unfulfilled.
12. Know surely that solutions exist for all your problems though it may not come as you want it.
13. Let nothing limit you. Your disadvantage could be overcome. Remember that Thomas Edison had just 3 months of schooling, yet he became the greatest inventor of all ages. What about Helen Keller? She waswithout sight, hearing or speech but she inspired many to self-discovery and success.
14. Associate always with people of like minds. Make certain to benefit maximally from other people’s knowledge and experience.
15. Believe that you can be free and self-determining. It is a magic key that open several doors.
Hopefully these are keys that you can use for exercising your self-determination on the way towards your dreams! Any goals or to-dos on your life to-do list, you should get started on completing those right away!
God Bless and Good Luck in your Endeavors!